Dear Samakee Community,
The Student Council is a significant part of life at our school. It gives the students a voice, allows them to promote changes and moves the school forward. The St. Andrews Samakee Student Council will be starting their meetings again before Songkran break.
Samakee’s Student Council runs from Year 3 upwards. Last week, students from each year group spoke briefly to their class about why they would be a good representative. The class then voted on who their representatives should be. Chosen by their peers, student representatives have an opportunity to take part in meetings where they can make suggestions and help bring about positive changes in our school.
The Student Council representatives are as follows – many congratulations to you all!
Year 3 Awinn
Year 4 Bimm
Year 5 Anna
Year 6 Faye
Year 7 KaoPhan
Year 8 Bella
Year 9 Raghav
Here are some memorable quotes from the Student Council speeches:
- “I will make Samakee an even better place” – Awinn Y3
- “I will make our class opinions and wishes a reality” – Bimm Y4
- “I will try my best to change and improve our community.” Anna – Y5 “You can trust me.”
- “I will be great at communicating and helping to solve problems.” Jonathan -Y5
- “I will try my best to help people at Samakee.” Ram – Y5
- “Bashita for president!” Bashita – Y6
- “I am determined to make our school a better place.” Mita – Y7
- “I have various ideas for how we can improve our learning environment.” Bella – Y8
- “I will listen to and respect all opinions.” Ohm – Y8
- “If I am chosen, I will make sure the students have a voice.” Nimra – Y8
- “Make Samakee great again!” Raghav – Y9
Special Events this Term
- Tuesday 5th April – Alms Giving Ceremony
- WB 2nd May – Science Week
- EDT Accreditation Visit – May
- WB 30th May Enterprise Week
- WB 13th June Book Week
COVID 19 UPDATE WB 25th MARCH
One Bubble – Nursery & Kindergarten went into isolation this week, and they will return to school for face-to-face learning with a negative ATK test on Tuesday, 29 March 2022. No additional Covid-19 cases have been reported this week in Nursery & Kindergarten.
Here is the link to the Google Form for ATK test results; please write the date and your child’s name on the ‘test device’, take a photo and send it to school. Families should send test results on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening. Thank you!
SAS LINE COMMUNICATION PLATFORM
LINE is a popular communication platform in Thailand and one that Samakee has been using for several years. We want to reestablish our SAS LINE account for even more Samakee families and to use this to share significant school-wide updates with our school community.
Please scan the QR code or click on this link using the device you can access LINE @ SAS LINE. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
TEACHING & LEARNING HIGHLIGHTS!
DECONSTRUCTED ROLE PLAY
INDIAN CLASSICAL MUSIC
ANIMALS AND PLANTS IN THAILAND
ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS
The Songkran Break is almost here, and the school will be closed for the holiday from Wednesday 6th April to Friday 15th April. We will return to school the Week Beginning 18th April.
Tuesday 5th April will be an ‘early finish’ at 13:00, and parents should collect children after lunch. Thank you.
Thank you for your understanding and support in keeping our community safe and healthy, and we wish all our community a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.
Monica L Sudhirak
Head of School